Warning: the following procedures might damage your PSU or connected devices. Do it at your own risk!
- A Multimeter.
- A small metal wire like paper clip or a short wire.
- Any single device to plug in into SATA or Molex connectors for adding load to PSU.
- Unplug power cord from PSU.
- Use a bare metal paperclip, or a wire, to connect the green pin (PS_ON) shown here to any of the black pins (Ground). Example
- To give a load to PSU, plug any device into molex or sata connector such as fans, Hard Drive, Led strip.
- Plug the power to turn on the PSU.
- Check if PSU fan spin.
- Insert your black probe of the multimeter to any black wire socket of any molex connector.
- Use red probe to start testing all 5 outputs from 24pin connector.
Compare your measured values to these to ensure your PSU is within tolerance:
|+12 V||±5%||11.40 V||+12.00 V||12.60 V||Yellow|
|-12 V||±10%||-10.80 V||-12.00 V||-13.20 V||Blue|
|+5 V||±5%||4.75 V||+5.00 V||5.25 V||Red/Gray/Purple|
|-5 V||±5%||4.75 V||+5.00 V||5.25 V||White|
|+3.3 V||±5%||3.14 V||+3.30 V||3.47 V||Orange|